I’m a Pragmatic & Passionate Programmer, Lean Thinker, Extreme Programming Evangelist hooked into Continuous Delivery and a mother of two Lovely Angels.
With 15+ years of experience in the industry, I’ve seen many failures in software product development either because of the team lacking the discipline in delivering software or because of creating something that nobody wants.
My journey of building a team @ Multunus gave me a lot of opportunities to concentrate on the first problem i.e. bringing in sustainability and predictability in software delivery using Continuous Delivery and Extreme Programming Practices. The major changes implemented were:
– First milestone of the product being released within 8-12 weeks of kick-off
– Major product milestones released every 3-4 weeks
– Deployments at least once every 2 days
At Multunus, we have a rigorous training program for newbies which I designed along with my senior colleagues. This training process helps us:
– Onboard a fresh grad on a project after 8-12 weeks of training
– The person moving at the same pace as experienced programmers right from the onset
I have shared my experiences of through workshops and talks at various conferences like AgileIndia, JSFoo, DroidCon and other meetups. Most of the talks were around:
– How to get started with Continuous Delivery, especially practices like Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development
– How to create squads of cross-functional teams focussed on delivering value to the customers, using techniques such as Impact Mapping
My experiences vary from consumer-facing products to large enterprise products in the areas such as Mobile Device Management, Business Process/Workflow.